July 25, 2016 | Posted in
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. College coursework or degree preferred. Emphasis in physical sciences and/or math.
- Ability to communicate professionally orally and in writing
- Good driving record
- Perform heavy lifting up to 50+ lbs
- Possess sufficient stamina to work in outdoor (hot & cold) environment
- Must be physically fit enough to be certified to wear a respirator
- Possess mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment and remediation systems
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
This position is for an Environmental Technician who will:
- Perform routine field environmental sampling of groundwater, storm water soil, etc.
- Monitor, observe, sample, and record field environmental conditions
- Follow proper procedures, perform accurate computations, and maintains cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
- Prepare daily reports and data sheets. Operates with close to moderate supervision.
- Typical activities include, but are not limited to: map reading, maintain chain-of-custody forms, utilize equipment to measure field parameters.